Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Thanks to everyone for the prayers! My mom's surgery went extremely well and she is recovering in the hospital. She will be here until Friday, at least. At this point, pray for no infections and for a full recovery! Our God is so faithful. That isn't to say that he wouldn't have been faithful if the surgery hadn't gone well. He is faithful all the time. I was so blessed by the facebook comments of two beautiful women of God who have lost their mothers. They know more than anyone how it feels to be in a position of helplessness in a similar situation. I am blessed that I still have days to come with my mother and I do not take that for granted for a single second. If you haven't talked to your parents today, stop right now, pick up the phone, and tell them that you love them and you're thankful for them. I'm sitting in my mom's hospital room right now, thankful to overflowing.

During all my downtime today, I got alot done for my classes this week and I started my book blog! I mentioned it in my last entry and have had a little time to dedicate to it today. (To answer your question David, no. You can't read it if you're a dad. Moms and teachers only.) :) I'm planning to add reviews of both adult and children's books, so hopefully it will be a success!

And finally, happy birthday to Elijah Clayton Kerley, my most favorite one year-old in the world!


2 comments:

annalee said...

thankful that your mom is okay!
and excited about your book blog!

Ellison said...

Obviously I'm way behind on reading your blog, so I didn't know your mom was having surgery. I'm thrilled to hear everything went well and I'll certainly be praying for a speedy recovery!