I guess since I haven't posted in almost two months, now is just as good a time as any, right? So, let's start on October 14th and take it day by day.
Just kidding. But I guess there were a few more things that happened in October worth talking about. My birthday is at the end of the month and generally I take that day off school because in the past, I was desperately needing a day off at that point. This year, though, the storybook parade at school was on that day, so I decided I would go. I dressed up as Olivia, the little pig with a big personality, whose character must've been based on me as a child. I have pictures, but they're on my school computer. Maybe I'll post one tomorrow for your viewing pleasure. Before I went to school that morning, Lucas surprised me with a new pink iPod Nano. SO cute! When I got there, all the girls in the office up at school threw me a birthday breakfast and my assistant got me a gorgeous purple orchid. If I had to be working, it was the best day it possibly could've been!
That evening, we headed out to the NYLO hotel in Las Colinas with our friends David and Kaylane for a night away from home. We had dinner at Cadillac Ranch, headed out to see a movie (which we walked out of,) and then had dessert at Cheesecake Factory. The next morning (Halloween) we went to brunch at LaMadeleine after we checked out of the hotel. That night we had a "Front Yard Festival" at David and Kaylane's house. Our church asked us to do outreach in our own neighborhoods on Halloween night rather than do a big festival at the church. So, we bought some nachos to hand out to the parents as we gave candy to the kids. It was a GREAT birthday weekend. I can't believe I'm 28.
November was a great month, too. Lucas had to go to Atlanta for about a week of it so I spent that time with my parents. I also spent the majority of the month doing research and writing the longest research paper of my life. It ended up being 28 pages, which may not really be that long of a paper, but it sure felt like it! So actually I guess writing a research paper and being away from my husband for a week don't really sound like the makings of a great month, but all of that paid off with a week's vacation for Thanksgiving! We went to Beavers Bend with my parents for three days and stayed in the same cabin we stayed in last year. It was absolutely wonderful. After that, we came home and spent two days doing Thanksgiving with both sides of my family. Two days later I ended up leading worship at our church on Sunday morning. The worship leader was sick and didn't have enough voice to sing, so he asked me to take over. It wasn't my first time to lead a worship service- I did it twice at a women's retreat this summer- but it was my first time to lead an entire service on a Sunday morning. Fortunately I had some great musicians (including my AMAZING husband) to work with me!
Since then, we've been enjoying our house that's decorated for Christmas, admiring the gorgeous Autumn colors that for some reason decided to visit Texas this year, building fires in the fireplace, obsessively sniffing my new favorite candle, loving on our weenie dogs, waiting for our new furniture to get here, spending time with our sweet friends, trying to stay warm, and just loving life in general.
And there you have it! I promise I won't wait so long next time.
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
2 comments:
Leaves is so my favorite too! Yummy!
My blog follower has been missing you! I am SO ready to see you! And I want to come see your decorated house, pretty please!!!
Post a Comment