Sunday, February 28, 2010

I just realized I had zero posts in February. Fortunately, it's still February for a few more hours, so I'm gonna get a little postin' in. Life has been so busy lately! At the beginning of February, Lucas and I were both sick with some kind of cold or sinuses or something. While being sick isn't much fun, it's a good excuse to slow down for a few minutes. The second week of February, I went to Austin for the Texas Computer Educators Association conference. It was very educational as always, but I was sick the whole time we were there, so it was kind of hard to enjoy it. While I was at TCEA in Austin, Dallas was on the receiving end of the largest snowstorm of all time. I was totally bummed to miss it. Not because of the snow (I had enough of that at Christmas,) but because of the fact that I missed a snow day! Fortunately, the district is giving all of us who worked that day an extra day off sometime during the year! My contract runs for a week longer than regular teachers, so I'm saving mine to start summer a day early.

Lucas and I are both in school right now on top of work, so we've decided to treat ourselves to a maid service. We have very little time when we're not working or schooling, and we don't want to spend it cleaning. I grew up with a mom who kept a meticulous house and instead of making me the same way, it had the opposite effect on me. I love to have a clean house, but I HATE cleaning with the fire of a thousand suns. I'm glad to have a house big enough to grow into, but at this point it just means we have alot of unused space that still has to be cleaned. So twice a month for the next couple years, we won't be the ones cleaning it! They start this Friday. I can't wait to have clean baseboards again! Woohoo!

March is going to be an exciting month, so maybe I'll actually do some posting then. We are going to celebrate our three year anniversary on the 10th and praise the Lord, Spring Break starts on the 15th! Hallelujah!

Have a great March!


1 comment:

Kim said...

Sweet! Congrats on the maid service! What a treat! Which you totally deserve...

I hope March is a GREAT month! I can't wait to see you tonight! It's been waaaaaay too long.