Monday, April 26, 2010

Anyone else feel like Facebook has kind of taken the place of blogging? I know you can't put as much detail there, but it's so much easier to update my status and add mobile photo uploads from my cell phone than to recount all the details here after the fact. I wish I was still as smitten with blogging as I once was. Maybe it will once I we have babies...which leads me to this announcement...

wait for it...

wait for it...

okay, just kidding. Not pregnant. But I feel like everyone around me has a baby, is having a baby, just had a baby, or is trying to have a baby. My husband is ready to have a baby. And really, I am, too. I'm just working on getting healthier because I want to be in tip top shape (yeah, I said tip top) before we work on that. And I'm doing well! I've lost 27 lbs, but still have quite a ways to go. I love Weight Watchers! I've done it before without much luck, but that's because I was never dedicated to it. This time I am, and it's been working for me. Also, I'm about 1/3 through with grad school right now and would REALLY like to be done by the time a baby is here...which works perfectly because that gives me more time to get healthier. This random tidbit of information has been brought to you by and for the people who are wondering. I know you're out there. Especially when you come up to me and ask.

In other news, this past weekend was awesome! Friday night was our first Night of Worship at The Branch sponsored/led by the FLC service. Actually, it's the only Night of Worship I can remember having in the five plus years since I've been at The Branch. It's so nice to be able to have a time to worship without being inhibited by time limits due to sermons and such. I had the awesome pleasure of leading with our worship leader Matt, my amazingly talented husband, and two sweet girlfriends. I can't wait for the next one!

Saturday morning, Lucas took me out for a breakfast date and I might or might not have skipped Weight Watchers. I'll let you draw your own conclusions. All I have to say about that is that after going for a good 15 weeks in a row at 8:00 AM without missing once, you deserve a morning off. So, we went to La Madeline, then to Target for a few essentials. Him: Avatar, Me: new OPI nail polish for the pedicure I would have later that day. Just in case you were wondering, the shade was called "I'm Such a Kabuki Queen." I don't really know what that means, but I love the color. :) OPI always has fun color names.

After that, I headed home to pack for a little girls weekend getaway with Kaylane. We started the trip with pedis at my favorite local place, then a fabulous lunch at Bueno. Yes, I used fabulous and Bueno in the same sentence. It's just the truth. We then headed out to Fort Worth and did a little shopping in Sundance Square where I got a REALLY cute sundress and Kaylane got an awesome top and huge, beaded earrings which I will soon be borrowing (while she borrows said dress.) We then headed out to University Park in Fort Worth for more shopping and decided it would be appropriate to eat pie at 5:00. What was I saying about Weight Watchers just a minute ago? We justified it by the fact that we did ALOT of walking on Saturday. After pie and salivating over everything in Pottery Barn and Williams Sonoma, we headed to the fabulous Omni Fort Worth hotel to check in. We got a free upgrade thanks to Kaylane being born and had a really great view. We also had a roll-in shower and a doorbell that sounded like a fire alarm. Perhaps that's because our upgrade ended up being a handicap accessible room. It was HUGE! After checking in and changing into our cute new outfits, Kaylane's sister Ashley met us at the hotel and we headed out for a really great dinner at a restaurant in Sundance Square called Taverna. It was REALLY good. After that, Ashley went home to study for some CPA test (like that's even hard,) and Kaylane and I went back to the hotel where we indulged in gossip magazines, Food Network, and heavenly beds.

We woke up Sunday morning, ate some breakfast, and got ready for our facials! The spa at the Omni was very nice and I found out that my skin, like every other part of my body, needs alot of work. Story of my life. Just what I was hoping to hear! While Kaylane had her facial, I sat on the rooftop by the pool and read a book. The weather was beautiful, the scenery was beautiful, and I just felt so blessed to be able to experience it all. It was the perfect girls getaway and I can't wait to do it again next year!

When I got home, Lucas had been working in the yard all morning and the house looked wonderful. Yes, we skipped church. We figured since we worshipped Friday night, we got a free card punch. (Kidding.) We both cleaned up and then went to Home Depot to buy some flowers for our backyard/pool area. After potting them, my parents came over and we had dinner on the patio at Taco Mundo. Basically, it was an amazing weekend. Hope yours was, too!

3 comments:

Kim said...

Man! That seriously sounds like the perfect weekend! You totally deserve it. I'm glad you had a good time =-) I want to see your plants!

and you make me laugh... "like that's even hard". haha

gayle said...

I totally have baby fever, I have about 7 friends that just had kids or are about to have kids. I told my friend Allison when visiting her last weekend (her 6 month old Gentry is an awesome baby!) that I have baby fever, and she said, "You'd better get wedding fever first!!!"

Can I just fast forward?

Kaylane said...

I'm about 3 weeks late in leaving a comment to this post BUT, once again, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR A FANTASTIC WEEKEND!!! It was way more than I deserved but I love you for it!!!