Monday, May 31, 2010

Well, it's time for the monthly update!

May has been another great month. I can't believe that summer is almost here! The last couple of weeks I've been working on a Maymester class for grad school and I just finished so now I have a total of two days off in between school getting out and starting my next grad classes. Woohoo! Two WHOLE days! School is out on Thursday, then I have to work Friday and Monday and I'll be done with work until August. Next Thursday, though, mom and I have to go spend five days in Denton for classes. Definitely dreading that one, but at least we'll get it over with. I can't believe my first year as a librarian is already over. It has absolutely flown by. I still miss my Lively friends every day, but the new position has, in the end, made the change worth it. I'm excited to start year number two and not be the new kid anymore.

On the home front, we've gotten a lot accomplished in May! We (and when I say we, I mean Lucas) worked on the front flower bed getting it all spruced up for Spring and Summer. I potted some plants for the front and back yard and then Lucas put in a new flower bed in the back. He's so wonderful. I'm so thankful to have a husband who cares about making our house look good. I'll post some pictures of our awesome tropical paradise backyard if I ever get around to taking some.

Speaking of tropical paradises, we're supposed to be heading out to Destin for vacation! That is, if the oil doesn't beat us there. We have reservations at the Henderson Park Inn which is a bed and breakfast right on the beach. It's an adults only inn and our room has a balcony that overlooks the beach. Each couple gets their own chaise lounges and beach umbrella. They have drink service on the beach, happy hour (which should be perfect for us non-drinkers,) and breakfast and lunch are included. Basically, it sounds like paradise. Hopefully BP hasn't screwed it all up for us.

This weekend, we finally put the finishing touches on our family room by getting the new window treatments done. We're getting close to being done with the house. I still want to paint our bedroom and bathroom and get new bedding, paint the rest of the downstairs, then replace the bathroom counter tops. I think that's going to pretty much be the end of it and then we will be finished with all of the big stuff!

To wrap up May, we had a big summer kick-off pool party yesterday. A bunch of our friends came over and we ate lots of yummy food and enjoyed the sun and water. I am so thankful for all of the blessings we've been given. Looking forward to starting this summer and seeing what the future holds!

1 comment:

Kim said...

I can't wait to see the new plants! I have been thinking about your pool... haha. It's been so stinking hot! If Lucas goes out of town for a weekend this summer, we should have a slumber party! We can swim and eat fruit and watch girly movies!