It's been awhile since I updated, but basically I don't have too much to say. I mean, I could tell you tons of stories about what the kids did or said every day, but most of you aren't too interested in that, I'm sure. Although, this one is pretty funny. One of the girls came up to Mrs. Durrington on the way to lunch and said, "My brother eats dead flies out of the trash." Some of the things these kids do and say just don't really make sense. Which is why I love them all that much more. It really amazes me that you can get onto a kid for doing something he shouldn't be doing and then five minutes later, they're up asking you to eat lunch with them or giving you a hug. The perks of this job definitely outweigh the hard parts.
This week has been busy and next week will be even worse! I start teaching science on Monday in addition to math, and I have my first ACU observation on Tuesday. Freshman Follies is this coming weekend, and so every night this week will be a rehearsal, run-through, dress rehearsal, or show. I'm so glad that I got to do this, but I'm definitely ready to have my nights back. Student teachers need more sleep than what I'm getting! Last night I saw Napoleon Dynamite again, and loved it just as much as the first time. If you don't like dumb humor, you probably won't like this movie. I enjoy most any kind of humor, dumb or smart, so I enjoyed it immensely for a second time.
Today was really nice. All I really did was clean the kitchen, talk to my mom for a couple hours, and go to dinner with my roommate. I never thought I'd say it, but I'm actually kind of getting to the point where I'm okay with and even somewhat welcoming graduation. I'm going to miss Highland and ACU so much, but I'm ready to be back home. The future is looking good, and I'm really excited about that.
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
2 comments:
JWalk--I hope things with Follies go really well for you this week. I know you'll have lots of fun. I've really enjoyed reading your blog the last few times; I'm so thankful you're feeling good about what you're doing and where you're going. Many answered prayers! I'm praying for you and I miss you.
Good luck tomorrow - although I know without a doubt that you'll do wonderfully. I look forward to hearing how it went. See ya' Wednesday.
~Kendra
Post a Comment