Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Prayers for a friend

Did I tell you that I got two Fire-Bellied Toads for my classroom at school? If not, I'm telling you now. I got two Fire-Bellied toads for my class. They are absolutely precious with green spotted backs and neon orange undersides. They have long cute legs and they like to float in the water all day, and they are smaller than the palm of your hand. Their names are Spot and Spikey.

Spot, the girl (I think,) developed some kind of a wound on the top of her head last week. It was very small, so I thought it would go away. I came up on Sunday to feed them, and the wound has grown a whole lot. The skin is being eaten away, and it covers the whole top of her head now. Basically, I'm telling you this to ask you to pray for her. I'm sure that you've never prayed for the healing of a frog before, so I'm asking you to do so now. You may think it sounds funny, but it's not. I promise. If the wound gets any bigger, it's going to spread onto the skin that covers her eyes.

I put her into her own little tank and made a vet appointment for her. After I made the appointment I found some medicine, so I cancelled the appointment. I'm hoping the medicine will work. Basically, if it doesn't, it will probably be too late to take her to the vet, and I just don't want the poor little girl to die. I especially don't want to have to watch her die. I can't let her go, because they are tropical frogs, so I don't know what else to do. Spikey is lonely in the big tank and hides behind the filter all day.

So seriously, please pray. Especially if you're a reader with kids. I happen to know that kids will think praying for Spot and Spikey is a great idea. :) I also have a classroom full of kids who would love for her to get well (they're actually making her get well cards in their journals,) but I'm not legally allowed to ask them to pray. Thanks in advance for your prayers for my little friends! I'll keep you posted.

4 comments:

lauryn said...

jennifer! just wanted to say hi and i hope you're doing well. now that i've found your blogspot, i'll have to read up on the details. i'm a xanga girl for now www.xanga.com/lauryncarr

blessings, dear :)
lauryn (diaz) carr

Katey said...

JWalk- I don't think its wierd at all to pray for animals. So, here's hoping your frog gets better! Miss you- I really will call you back!

FeedingYourMind said...

Let's put it this way...through praying for the frogs you are praying for JWalk, because IF that frog doesn't make it, do you realize the situation it will put her in with 25 some odd kids asking about that frog and wanting another class pet and mourning over the loss of this one...

Do you know the situation that can arise from a class pet, and even more the situation of the death of a class pet?!?!

From one friendly teacher sharing about her experiences with class pets (and death) to another--read my old roommates blog entry...HA!

http://erinlsedwick.blogspot.com/2005/07/where-are-my-crazy-students.html


Best of luck with the froggies! ;)

Katie said...

Thanks for the comment...yeah, things definitely have taken a "different turn" if you will...Isn't it awesome when people talk about you to other people thinking that they have your best interest at heart, but really they are screwing you over? Yeah, it's fabulous. I'll have to tell you more about it later. Maybe if you're in IM tonight I'll give the details...
As for the shower, Kelli would never think you are a jerk. She thinks you think she's a jerk actually b/c she was mean to me on the phone. It was a verrry stressed out moment trying to find the last-minute hostess gifts. Her apologies. Anyway, of course you were invited to the shower, I'm so sorry if you thought you weren't!
And I agree, twins is definitely not a strong enough word.
Love you too!
Katie