Wednesday, October 19, 2005

A Day in the Life

Today our librarian sent us a link to this site about cockroaches. I guess he's been seeing them around, too. I was going to post some of the facts, but I'll spare you. Induced vomiting has never been a goal for my blog to accomplish.

We're reaching a point in the year where a break is really just a necessary thing in order to keep going on. Fortunately, Thanksgiving is only about a month away. I can last that long. (As if I have a choice.) We get a whole week off! I am SO ready for a get-away. If you have a suggestion for a nice, relaxing, and not too pricey place to run away to, let me know.

Last night was the first round of Sing Song Host and Hostess tryouts. I absolutely cannot believe it's been TWO YEARS since I was in this exact same position. And what I can't believe even more is that I actually made it. I'm still wondering what happened there. My twin Katie got a callback, and that girl deserves to make it. Also, precious Josh Castle who was our accompanist as a freshman, and of course Zach. I'm so nervous! I think I'm actually more nervous than I was the night I went for callbacks. Weird, huh? I've said it before, I'm sure, but being a Hostess was absolutely the highlight of my life thus far. I've had lots of other highlights, but absolutely nothing compares to that feeling of performing for thousands of people. The whole experience was incredible, and I wouldn't trade anything in the world for it. Good luck to my sweet friends auditioning! I wish I could be there with you tonight!

This Friday I'm going to the State Fair! I haven't been in years (with the exception of our little Wicked incident,) so I'm super excited. I am definitely going to ride the Texas Star. It's really the main thing I want to accomplish while I'm there. I can't believe I've lived in Dallas my entire life and never ridden that ferris wheel! Details (and maybe pictures) will follow.

And seriously, there are people reading my blog from all over the place. I really want you to sign my guestmap thing if you haven't done it already. This is of great importance, trust me.

1 comment:

Katey said...

Ok, here's the deal. Whoever finds out first who made it calls the other one. Promise me- and I promise I will call you the INSTANT I know anything. I'm just as nervous as you... wierd. I wonder how many years it will take before we just show up for Sing Song and don't know all the details as they unfold. Oh well... here's to growing up!