Friday, January 06, 2006

At this moment in time, it's exactly five hours and fourteen minutes until I will board a plane for the seventh time in my life to travel a short one hour and fiftenn minutes to the booming metropolis of Lubbock, TX. Given this piece of information, you can automatically assume two things:

1) I'm somewhat anxious.
2) I'm crazy excited!

I'm anxious because I'm really not a big fan of flying. This will only be my third trip to fly. I say it's my seventh time, because it's technically the seventh take-off and landing that I will experience. I don't hate it, but I don't love it either. See, I never took physics in high school, so I just don't understand how an airplane stays in the sky. It makes no sense to me. Also there's the whole LOST thing. Fortunately, I don't think there are any seemingly deserted islands between here and the bottom of the panhandle. (There aren't any truly deserted islands, either, as far as I know.) I'm not so worried about crashing or anything, but I just keep seeing that scene in my head where the plane begins losing altitude rapidly and the back of the plane rips off and a suitcase falls out of the overhead compartment and zonks a guy on the head. Blood immediately begins pouring from the wound. If you're a LOST fan, you know what I'm talking about. That concerns me a bit. Even if the plane doesn't crash, that could still happen.

More importantly, though, I'm extremely excited because I get to spend the whole weekend with Melody, Julie, and Jen, three of my best friends from ACU. Mel, Jen, and I were roommates, and while we didn't live with Jules, we were still together all the time. We haven't all been in the same place at the same time since May, and although we're still missing Rach and Kendall, 2/3 of BFMF will be together again! Saturday is Mel's birthday, and good times will definitely be had by all. Don't worry. You'll get to see the pictures next week.

Have a fabulous weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should start watching Smallville...Clark never crashes. :-)