Tuesday, April 25, 2006

TWENTY SIX DAYS OF SCHOOL LEFT!!!!

Please no snide remarks from all of you lucky people who get out earlier than we do. Just remember, we started a week later. :) For some reason, the school board thinks it's a good idea to take Memorial Day off and then go back to school for one full day and two half days during that last week. I won't complain, though. It makes for a really easy last week of school. I absolutely cannot believe that this year is almost over. It has been been trying to say the least, but I've made it through. At this point, I'm still planning to be here next year. I know the principal from the new school wants to hire me as soon as she has a spot, so I may stick it out here for one more year and then move on to the new one. We'll see. I still have an interview or two ahead of me.

I had such a fun weekend! Friday night I got to hang out with my friend Sarah (who blogs only occasionally,) and I had a great time! We went to see American Dreamz (Dreamz with a Z) which was definitely not worth the money or time. Hugh Grant was his usual jerk character, but lacked any dreaminess at all, which usually surfaces at least once or twice during his movies. If you like laughing at warm-hearted terrorists and/or gay Arabs, you might enjoy it. I did like Dennis Quaid as the President. He was precious. Sarah and I were glad we caught the matinee so we didn't waste as much money as we could have. Anyway, after Dreamz we met up with some more friends at the Grand Lux Cafe. It was SO much fun! We talked about internet dating and End Times. Seriously. After that, we went to three Starbucks before we finally found one that was accessible. Dear Starbucks- Why on earth do you have a store that closes at 9:30 on Friday night? Your Faithful Customer, Jennifer.

Saturday I got to go watch two of my little ones play soccer. It was neat getting to see them outside of school, and both of them were great little players. Both won their games. I taught them everything they know. After that, I went to see my grandmother's new house and shopping at Target. Target is basically a death trap. The death of my spending money, anyway. Fortunately, even though I spent a good chunk of change, everything I bought was a good solid purchase. I got home too late for church, but met up with the girls again at Chipotle for dinner. I really love those girls! Praise the Lord for good christian girlfriends!

Sunday was Big Time, which was great as usual. I love the people that I get to work with in the production, I love the kids, and I love seeing the families there. It's such an amazing ministry! You guys should've seen me a few weeks ago. I got to sing a totally rockin-out song. For those of you who know me, rockin-out isn't exactly my style.

After church, mom and I went couch shopping and I found one:
Cute, huh? I know. I LOVE IT! This is where you can sleep when you come to visit me!

Yesterday after school, I went to the doctor with my bestie, Joy. She's having a baby girl and I got to see the sonogram yesterday for the second time. Kate is a pound and a half right now and I can already tell she's going to be as precious as her mama.

That pretty much catches us up to now. My kids get out of lunch in two minutes, so I'm off. Have an amazing week!

2 comments:

Katey said...

You bought a red couch- why am I not surprised? Joy is pregnant?! Tell her I said congratulations! Glad to hear everything else is going so well. Miss you!

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous that you only have 25 more days. Of course we did start school after labor day out here in California. But I still have... 40 more days, we get out on June 22!!! :( AHHHHH!!!