Monday, May 01, 2006

Twenty two days left!

I love how the Lord works. I don't understand how he works or why he works the way he does, but I love it. Last week, I started having a feeling of uneasiness about school. I've been so excited about finding a new job for next year- getting out of first grade and possibly out of Irving- but lately I just haven't really had a peace about it. I don't know what that means, and since I'm still a novice at fully discerning the Lord's will for me, I decided to go ahead and go to the interview I already had scheduled. It went well, but I think they probably interviewed twenty people the same day.

I was singing Saturday night and Sunday this weekend, so I got to hear the sermon twice. Saturday night was Seidman's sermon and Sunday morning was Miller's. We've been working through a series on Joshua the past couple months, and last night we reached the pinnacle. The Israelites have finally made it to the walls of Jericho. The Lord tells Joshua that he has already delivered Jericho to them, long before they begin to march around. I can imagine how that would be a bit confusing, seeing as how they had no really great weapons and weren't exactly an organized army. God's God, though. So Joshua trusted, the Israelites marched, the walls fell, and the Lord gave them the city. Truly, though, the Lord gave them the city before they ever marched. The whole idea was that the Lord has already delivered us from whatever it is we're facing, whatever walls we're dealing with.

Miller asked us to identify the Jericho in our lives when he was done speaking yesterday. Recently, my Jericho has truly been the struggle with this whole teaching thing. It hasn't been terrible by any means. I love the kids and I love teaching. I guess what I don't always like is who I feel I am as a teacher. Satan knows where to attack me, and this is totally where he does it. I'm a good teacher. He makes me feel like a bad one. The Lord has gifted me for working with children. Satan makes me feel like I haven't found my calling. I know that I have. The Lord's hand has been so heavy on me since birth, and I know that I am where I am supposed to be, at least until he totally guides me somewhere else. So at this point, I think I may still apply for another job or two. If I'm supposed to have a different one, the Lord will work it out perfectly for me.

When I woke up this morning, I felt like a weight had been lifted off of me. The Lord has already delivered to me my Jericho. All I have to do is walk in that victory and claim it over my teaching struggles every day. I am so incredibly blessed.

No comments: