Another sad day in room #32. Frisky Max, guinea pig extraordinaire, breathed his last. He had been sick since the end of last week, but I didn't realize it until Monday. He quit eating and drinking, quit moving around, and was taking really short breaths and shaking. Really sad. I called the vet to talk to him about it, and we decided it would be best to have him put to sleep. I feel terribly guilty about it, but I couldn't stand to just sit there and watch him suffer. When guinea pig #1 died, the kids and I discussed it. I don't think we're going to talk about this one, though. They were much more attached to Frisky Max than they were to the unnamed guinea. My mom told me just to tell the kids "he went home for the summer," which is true. Eternal summer. :) So, that's what I've been telling them. Most of them have taken it well except for the child who banged his head down onto the desk. Issues? Seems like.
Anyway, after I took Frisky Max to have him put to sleep, I got back in my car and turned on my iPod through my ridiculous amount of tears. The DCB version of All Creatures of Our God and King was playing and as I drove along, I heard the line that says "Let all things their creator bless, and worship him in humbleness." So I started thinking about Frisky, and about how God is also his creator. (You're probably laughing at me right about now, but that's okay. I loved that little guinea pig and I definitely have a heart for little animals like that, rodent or not.) I started thinking back to when I was a little girl, and the movie All Dogs go to Heaven coming out. I remember someone telling me that dogs don't really go to heaven because they don't have souls. What a cruel thing to say! Of course animals go to Heaven, especially little guinea pigs and weiner dogs! Also orange tabby cats and fish and hamsters. I'm pretty sure the only animal that doesn't go to heaven is snakes. Maybe roaches, too.
Anyway, I love you little Frisky Max! Tell Jesus hello for me. :)
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
4 comments:
Awwww..I'm sorry to hear about Max. It's good that your kids are taking it well. By the way...I don't think mosquitos go to Heaven. I think even God would lose His patience with em! :-P
Greg
JWalk....that was honestly one of my favorite posts of yours to read! I hope that isn't "bad" in your judgment.
I laughed out loud at three parts. First, the kid banging his head on the desk. That's cute! I can just imagine the cognitions going through his head when he was doing that... "Gosh, why didn't I tell Frisky Max that one last time that I love him, before he took off for the summer?!?! Why didn't I invite him over to my house for fun this summer before he took off for the summer?!?!"
Second, the idea of someone telling you dogs don't go to heaven when you were a kid. I don't know why it was funny, but it was. It is sad though....what a jerk!
And finally, the part about roaches and snakes not going to heaven. I bet that makes for one REALLY creepy crawly hell!
Sorry to hear about the pig, pal...
Wow...my heart hurts for you and your kids...So long, Frisky Max. But, I too laughed at the kid banging his head on the desk. Kids crack me up...I don't love them, but they make me laugh sometimes!
Oh goodness. How sweet is that. I'm sorry about your little guy. I pretty much laughed out loud though, when you said, "issues? seems like." That is so something I would say. Yay that we are the same person. Um All Dogs Go To Heaven is one of those movies on my list--the list of movies I never got through because I was crying too hard...hmm. LOVE YOU! byeee!
Post a Comment