Friday, May 26, 2006

If you've been searching far and wide for a techno-genius, look no further. You're at the right place. Last night, I successfully hooked up my own wireless internet. Now I'll be honest and admit that it might've taken me somewhere in the neighborhood of an hour or so to get it all done. In my defense, a good twenty minutes of that time was me trying to hook it up at a cable outlet that wasn't wired for service. Anyway, this was the third time I've tried to hook up wireless access, the second time it's been successful, and the first time I've been able to figure out how to put a password on it. Generally I wouldn't do that, as I like to contribute to the welfare of my friendly neighborhood internet pirates, but I figure it's the safest thing to do. So unless your name is Captain Jack Sparrow, don't expect to be pirating anything from me.

I'm finally getting settled into my sweet little home and I absolutely love it. It's the perfect size for a girl and her weiner dog. Bailey loves going up and down the stairs and is learning to tinkle outside in our little "backyard" without me having to put her on the leash. Thanks to Jade at Reliant for FINALLY taking care of my electricity issue. I'm happy to report that I have full power. The only room that's finished is the kitchen, and it's absolutely perfect. I love it. The walls are a lovely shade of green, called guacamole, and while I don't actually like guacamole, the color is amazing.

Speaking of liking or not liking something, the past few days I've been pondering a very serious issue. I've always been a Dr. Pepper drinker. Nothing too serious--it's not like the suffix "-holic" could never be associated with my affinity for DP. It's just that anytime a coke is offered, Dr. Pepper is always the one I choose. What I've been wondering lately is "Why? Do I even like Dr. Pepper?" The startling realization I came to is this: I've been brainwashed by my parents to think that Dr. Pepper is the only acceptable kind of coke to drink. Seriously. I won't go so far as to say I don't like Dr. P, because in fact, I do. I think it's the best of all the soft drinks there are. It's just that it's not the ONLY soft drink out there. This could now turn into a very philosophical/theological entry and that's not my point. My point is really quite brainless and is just this: Dr. Pepper is my one true love, but every now and then a Cherry Coke really hits the spot.

**A special note to my mom- I hope you don't feel I've betrayed you. DP is still the best!**



--------------------

I’d like to take this opportunity to give a shout out to my #11 friend on myspace, Lee. I don’t want you to think that I’m putting this on here because he asked me to. That would be an absolutely insane thing for you to assume. I mean, who would do that? ;-) This is his (very) belated birthday present. Lee is self proclaimed really really ridiculously good looking. He may or may not find Vince Vaughn to be a total hottie. He also may or may not be the male half of me, separated before birth. It’s a good theory anyway. Obviously, that idea that he’s so similar to me in itself makes him pretty cool, but in addition, he’s a real American hero. Last week he saved a guy’s life at Bennigan’s…kind of. He also usually beats my dog when they have wrestling matches, which apparently happens more often than I realized. Perhaps his success can be accredited to all the training he gets on weekends, wrestling crazy kids on giant air bounce toys. Lee is a spiritually gifted basketball watcher with a smidgen of good spelling talent and a bit of creativity. I also wrote him a limerick, but I’ll spare you that little diddy.

Really, though, who could say it better than the man himself? Here’s an autobiographical quote (or two or three) by Lee. “this manly muscular man lee i know... he's really cool" or “wow! this guy lee is a real knee" and “lee hinton is the greatest man alive since the guy that operated the mechanical JAWS in the movie Jaws"

And it’s true. He really is just a step above the Jaws guy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL!.. nicely played jenn... nicely played...

gayle said...

Is this the portion of the post you lost, or did you rewrite? If you were able to recover, you're my Hero of the Day. :)

I, too, love Dr. Pepper, and I can't drink Coke unless it has added flavor. I really like Diet Lime Coke, it has a little zingggg... But alas, my tummy doesn't allow me to indulge on either of those, or any other sodas for that matter - it gets very irate and seeks revenge immediately. :)

Congratulations again on your condo - can't wait to see pictures!!

Anonymous said...

You know I don't ever comment on your blog, and I profusely apologize for that. However, when one doubts their commitment to Dr. Pepper; I feel the need for some sort of intervention. I am glad you still have a strong desire for Dr. Pepper; that's great.
However, a Coca-Cola product is acceptable to drink under no circumstances, except maybe in cases of life or death. The only reasonable alternative would be a Pepsi. But remember, Dr. Pepper has always been there for you. And always will be. Dr.Pepper loves you unconditionally, Jennifer. Never stop believing. Take care.