Tuesday, January 15, 2008

It's Tuesday night, and all I can say is AMERICAN IDOL! I don't care how old it gets, I just love it. The highlight of my TV year is always AI. Especially this year, considering the writers strike and all. Tomorrow night is the Dallas auditions, and I'm hoping to see someone (anyone) I know! Bring on the crazies, Simon! Something about this show just brings them out of the woodwork.

I know the week is already halfway through, but I never got to post about my weekend. Friday night we stayed in, made homemade pizza and watched Nanny Diaries. Bless Lucas' heart. What a sweet husband for watching that with me. The movie was lacking- at least compared to the book- but the pizza was great! :) Saturday morning after Curves and WW, I went shopping with my mom. We hit up Steve & Barry's, and I'm sorry to report that it was a total bust. I'm sure that's because of the mall we were at, but still. I did, however, find some great shirts and pants for Lucas at Old Navy and Express Men, so the trip wasn't totally in vain.

Saturday night we watched the movie Once. I'd seen the trailer awhile back, but had forgotten about it until I saw someone else's blog mentioning it recently. It was SO good. Gratuitous usage of the F-bomb for sure, but it's a Irish film. It seems like those people use that word as much as I use the word "like." Language aside, the movie was fabulous. The music was brilliant and the storyline was great. I totally recommend it.

Sunday brought church, Big Time, and all that goes along with that. We are so blessed to be a part of the church family at The Branch. The people we have met and the relationships we have built there are priceless. It's such a great community. If you live in the Dallas area and aren't a part of the church, come visit us. You'll love it.

School has been good, but SO long this week. Fortunately, Thursday and Friday are half days and we have Monday and Tuesday off. I've only been back to school for a week and a half, and I'm already so ready for another break. This one's gonna have to last me til Spring Break!

This has been another tough week as far as WW goes. It's been hard getting back on the program. Most days I've stayed under my points, but I know I went over today. The good news, though, it that I worked out yesterday and today, so I'm on a roll.

Have a great week, friends! I'm off to finish American Idol!

1 comment:

Amy Renay said...

So did you see anyone you knew on AI last night?? I thought of you while I was watching it.

Are you using the online WW? I absolutly love it. I think I am doing better keeping up with my points since I can do it online. Anything on the computer is better than on a piece of paper! You are doing better than me on the working out thing. I only worked out Monday but I have a date with the gym and my husband tonight!! Good luck.