Saturday, May 30, 2009

Have you been to the Cake Wrecks website? If not, stop reading right now, click on that link, and prepare to laugh for a good, long while.



I thought this cake was especially appropriate as we are rapidly approaching the end of school. Who needs a graduation party when you can throw a dropout party?

Speaking of school, this past week absolutely flew by and I know the next week will be even faster. We had carnival/field day on Friday and the kids had a blast. As difficult as this year has been, I will definitely miss each of these kids in their own certain special ways. While playing musical chairs at the carnival, I found out that one of my kids is quite the Willie and Waylon afficionado. We even sang a stanza or two of "Luckenbach, Texas" together. The same child spends much of his time in class singing "Don't You Want me Baby?" and "Apologize" by One Republic. I love that one of my five year-olds has such eclectic taste in music.

Lucas and I are about to head off to the Ranger game. We're going out for the I Am Second night to see Casting Crowns and then watch a little baseball action. We have awesome seats right behind home plate and while I frankly don't care about baseball at all, I'm sure that given the great seats, the great season the Rangers are having, and the great concert, we will have a GREAT time. :)



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just saw this cake over there last night, I love that website. Sometimes I want to go over to kroger just to see if I can find a horrible cake!!

annalee said...

i just spent way too long laughing at many a cake. thanks for sharing!